WayHome Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artist Additions

+3
Dilleo
TalRazMob
franc-le-tanc
7 posters

Go down

Artist Additions Empty Artist Additions

Post by franc-le-tanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:07 pm

Post any artist that you feel might be added to the line up based on current tour schedule, upcoming releases, etc.

I'm hoping for a few of the following:

- Bahamas
- The franklin Electric
- Leon Bridges
- Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
- The Tallest Man on Earth
- Tobias Esso Jr
- Rose Windows
- Lord Huron
- The Avett Brothers
- BC Camplight
- Andy Shauf
- Clinton St.John
- Jennifer Caslte

franc-le-tanc

Back to top Go down

Artist Additions Empty Re: Artist Additions

Post by TalRazMob Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:18 pm

Electric Youth
Shad
Marvelous Mark
Mother Mother

TalRazMob

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilleo Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Dont think any of these will happen BUT:

Built To Spill
Rusty
I Mother Earth
Moist

If any of these were to happen.. I feel like it would be maybe the first 2

Dilleo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamens Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:20 am

POSSIBLE:
Mac Demarco
Tokyo Police Club

NOT LIKELY:
Grimes
Japandroids
Tegan and Sara
Friendly Fires
Disclosure
The War on Drugs
Kamens
Kamens
Admin

https://wayhome.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TalRazMob Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:06 pm

We have damn near confirmation (a deleted tweet and a retweet, respectively from Wayhome's twitter feed) that Mother Mother and Shad are gonna be in on the next wave of announcements.

TalRazMob

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shining Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:51 pm

TalRazMob wrote:We have damn near confirmation (a deleted tweet and a retweet, respectively from Wayhome's twitter feed) that Mother Mother and Shad are gonna be in on the next wave of announcements.

If Shad and Mother Mother are any indication of the quality of artist adds we are getting then we are in for another weak announcement from WayHome.

Are they looking to sink this ship before it even sets sail?

The Shining

Back to top Go down

Post by TalRazMob Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:56 pm

The Shining wrote:
TalRazMob wrote:We have damn near confirmation (a deleted tweet and a retweet, respectively from Wayhome's twitter feed) that Mother Mother and Shad are gonna be in on the next wave of announcements.

If Shad and Mother Mother are any indication of the quality of artist adds we are getting then we are in for another weak announcement from WayHome.

Personally I'm stoked! I'm coming to this based mostly on the middle of the ticket. If we count Mother Mother and Shad, then I only need five more artists (Marvelous Mark, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Apehx Twin, Spoon and Electric Youth, and the middle of that list is quite unlikely) to complete the set of artists on my indie playlist from the fall/winter. Everyone else is in on this.

TalRazMob

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shining Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:14 pm

TalRazMob wrote:
The Shining wrote:

Personally I'm stoked! I'm coming to this based mostly on the middle of the ticket. If we count Mother Mother and Shad, then I only need five more artists (Marvelous Mark, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Apehx Twin, Spoon and Electric Youth, and the middle of that list is quite unlikely) to complete the set of artists on my indie playlist from the fall/winter. Everyone else is in on this.

I'm just underwhelmed by the headliners and have seen most of the rest of the lineup at least once before. Right now I am most pumped for Future Islands, Odesza, and Run the Jewels, but that's not enough to get me there

I could use a good 3-5 decent acts getting added

The Shining

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamens Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:30 am

The Shining wrote:
TalRazMob wrote:
The Shining wrote:

I'm just underwhelmed by the headliners and have seen most of the rest of the lineup at least once before. Right now I am most pumped for Future Islands, Odesza, and Run the Jewels, but that's not enough to get me there

I could use a good 3-5 decent acts getting added

The founder of WayHome said that they are going to add more big names, so I wouldn't lose hope yet.
Kamens
Kamens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bella770 Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:30 pm

franc-le-tanc wrote:Post any artist that you feel might be added to the line up based on current tour schedule, upcoming releases, etc.

I'm hoping for a few of the following:

- Bahamas
- The franklin Electric
- Leon Bridges
- Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
- The Tallest Man on Earth
- Tobias Esso Jr
- Rose Windows
- Lord Huron
- The Avett Brothers
- BC Camplight
- Andy Shauf
- Clinton St.John
- Jennifer Caslte

I would be very excited about many of these additions - really hoping for Bahamas and Leon Bridges, myself. Would also love to see Avett Brothers again but not holding my breath. I was hoping that they might add Lord Huron, since he (they?) have a new album coming out, but it looks like they are booked for Floydfest that weekend Sad

Also really crossing my fingers for:
- Mac Demarco
- Dent May (tour ends in March, so.....possible?)
- TV On the Radio (playing in Colorado on the Monday, so seems unlikely)
- Lady Lamb the Beekeeper
- Foxygen
- tUnE-yArDs (she is playing with St. Vincent at the ACC on June 23, so I'm extra hopeful for this one haha)
- The War on Drugs
- Ariel Pink

So ready for them to announce additional artists! Hopefully it happens this week.
bella770
bella770

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shining Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:58 am

Any word on the date for additions?

Anyone think these will likely be ones pulled from Osheaga?

The Shining

Back to top Go down

Post by bella770 Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:12 pm

After seeing the Osheaga lineup today, I'm hoping that some will be pulled from Osheaga! Lots of goodies on there.  

I haven't heard any specific date for the addition announcement, but in an interview last week (see: http://mrwavvy.com/wayhome_interview/) One of the Wayhome organizers said this (bolded):

Mr. Wavvy: I mean, that seems fair enough to me! Looking at the festival poster, I see that there are more acts to be announced. Should we expect mainly smaller acts or would there maybe even be a headliner that is yet to be announced?

Shannon McNevan: There’s definitely still some big acts we haven’t announced! It should all play out in the next week or so. We already have some great acts locked up for the next announcement and it definitely won’t be just a bunch of baby bands or emerging artists.

So....hopefully soon! Very Happy
bella770
bella770

Back to top Go down

Post by Roc_Borja Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:39 pm

i will fucking shit my pants if tune-yards is added. saw them at firefly last year and they were excellent.

also please please let mac demarco be there

Roc_Borja

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shining Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:48 am

Roc_Borja wrote:i will fucking shit my pants if tune-yards is added. saw them at firefly last year and they were excellent.

I'll second Mac DeMarco

The Shining

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamens Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:52 pm

The Shining wrote:
Roc_Borja wrote:i will fucking shit my pants if tune-yards is added. saw them at firefly last year and they were excellent.

I'll second Mac DeMarco

Thirded. He is easily my most-desired act. I'm also holding out for Tegan and Sara.
Kamens
Kamens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Artist Additions Empty Recommended Artists to sign for WayHome this summer

Post by Little330 Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:23 pm

1) John Butler Trio
2) Kim Churchill
3) City & Colour
4) Shad
5) Half Moon Run
6) Dave Matthews
7) Born Ruffians
Cool Sam Roberts Band
9) Arkells
10) Florence & The Machine (Tour dates align really nicely with this festival)

The above 10 acts are all solid. Would love to see at least a few of these artists at WayHome in July.

Little330

Back to top Go down

Post by bella770 Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:45 pm

My fingers are crossed for an artist additions announcement tomorrow.....so ready to find out who else we will be seeing there!! bounce
bella770
bella770

Back to top Go down

Post by bella770 Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Little330 wrote:1) John Butler Trio
2) Kim Churchill
3) City & Colour
4) Shad
5) Half Moon Run
6) Dave Matthews
7) Born Ruffians
Cool Sam Roberts Band
9) Arkells

The above 10 acts are all solid. Would love to see at least a few of these artists at WayHome in July.

Dave Matthews is fantastic but I wouldn't hold my breath for him or the Dave Matthews Band to get announced, as pleased as that would make me. They are a headlining band without question (they have headlined bigger US festivals) and it has been said that no more headliners will be announced.  They are also playing at the ACC three days before Wayhome.

It sounds like Shad may have been leaked accidentally as a Wayhome performer, so I think there's a good chance on that one!
bella770
bella770

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shining Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:43 pm

bella770 wrote:
Little330 wrote:1) John Butler Trio
2) Kim Churchill
3) City & Colour
4) Shad
5) Half Moon Run
6) Dave Matthews
7) Born Ruffians
Cool Sam Roberts Band
9) Arkells

Dave Matthews is fantastic but I wouldn't hold my breath for him or the Dave Matthews Band to get announced, as pleased as that would make me. They are a headlining band without question (they have headlined bigger US festivals) and it has been said that no more headliners will be announced.  They are also playing at the ACC three days before Wayhome.

It sounds like Shad may have been leaked accidentally as a Wayhome performer, so I think there's a good chance on that one!

Also, with Florence headlining Bestival in June I would say you can likely cross her off the list.

I think it is more likely that we see acts pulled from Forecastle, Osheaga, and the as yet to be announced Lolla. I'm sure WayHome is negotiating with acts who will be not be too far away on their tour itineraries. around that weekend.

My biggest fear is that the talk of, "there are still some big acts left" is just talk and that we are being set up for more disappointment. I hope not but for the most part the entire North American festival season so far has been weak (with the exception of Shaky Knees IMO)

The Shining

Back to top Go down

Post by TalRazMob Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:32 pm

bella770 wrote:My fingers are crossed for an artist additions announcement tomorrow.....so ready to find out who else we will be seeing there!! bounce

Any reason why you're hoping for an announcement tomorrow?

TalRazMob

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamens Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:38 pm

TalRazMob wrote:
bella770 wrote:My fingers are crossed for an artist additions announcement tomorrow.....so ready to find out who else we will be seeing there!! bounce

Tuesday has historically been the day that most festival announcements are made on.
Kamens
Kamens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Shining Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Kamens wrote:
TalRazMob wrote:

Tuesday has historically been the day that most festival announcements are made on.

Yeah Tuesdays - Thursdays. I think it will be this week but not tomorrow as tomorrow is the set announcement date for AC's latest, Slussfest as well as Outside Lands. I'm kind of expecting Lollapalooza on Thursday too so maybe Wednesday?

The Shining

Back to top Go down

Post by bella770 Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Yeah no insider info, just wishful thinking. It's been almost 2 weeks since the cofounder said they would be announcing some big names "in the next week or so", and tuesdays do tend to be popular days for announcements. I really hope we hear something this week. So excited!!
bella770
bella770

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down