WayHome Festival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Special events currently permitted on small portion of Burl's Creek" - Planning application error - thoughts?

2 posters

Go down

"Special events currently permitted on small portion of Burl's Creek" - Planning application error  - thoughts? Empty "Special events currently permitted on small portion of Burl's Creek" - Planning application error - thoughts?

Post by bella770 Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:22 pm

So this article came out last night: http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2015/04/06/special-events-currently-permitted-on-small-portion-of-burls-creek?utm_source=addThis&utm_medium=addthis_button_facebook&utm_campaign=Rocky+start+to+festivals+over+planning+mix-up+%7C+Orillia+Packet+and+Times#.VSM75c3UqOU.facebook

Thoughts?

I still believe the festival will carry on as planned - I think Council can still approve the temporary permit (and I'm sure with the $$ they will get from the festival, both from people coming into the area as well as all the tax dollars, they want to), but it's a bit unnerving to me that there seem to be so many issues with how they are executing the prep for the festival.  Suspect

This isn't the first process-related error the organizers have made - they were recently fined by the local conservation authority for construction works near waterbodies done without the legally required permits. Never mind the lack of good/real consultation and engagement with the local community members. I'm starting to get nervous that the process isn't very well thought through - hopefully this won't reflect how the weekend pans out.....
bella770
bella770

Back to top Go down

"Special events currently permitted on small portion of Burl's Creek" - Planning application error  - thoughts? Empty Re: "Special events currently permitted on small portion of Burl's Creek" - Planning application error - thoughts?

Post by Kamens Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:43 pm

With the second wave of artists about to roll out and WayHome's consistent social media presence, I'd say this festival is still happening.
Kamens
Kamens
Admin

https://wayhome.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum